Educate with this big picture look at the external forces affecting hospitals and health systems
Use this tool to engage people about the external forces impacting your team and the patient experience.
- Broaden perspectives about what’s driving change
- Generate strategic thinking
- Set the context for operational change
Click to read the details of this visualization...
There are many external forces exerting change on the hospital and health system landscape. We have chosen to focus on the following:
- Growing Consumer Expectations
- Easy access
- No surprises
- Social fairness
- Chaotic Competition
- Changing rules
- Drive for cost reductions
- Disruptive Policy and Regulations
- Instability of the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- Changing government reimbursement
- Changes at the state level
- Accelerating Shifts in Technology
- Demand for telehealth
- Big data utilization and artificial intelligence (A.I.)
- Ransomware and cyberthreats
- Growth of consumer apps
- Dynamic Reimbursement
- Shift from volume to value
- Shift to lower cost settings
- Growth of Medicare Advantage
If you have additional factors that you’d like us to integrate, let us know! We regularly update this Big Picture and all of the resources we provide.
Format and Downloading Options
We provide several product formats so you’re prepared for every situation and every audience.
These products are licensed for internal use only and not for resale. Read the terms for more information.
You’ve learned about the five powerful external forces causing upheaval in the hospital and health system landscape. But that’s not the end of the story.
There are six major internal factors that are enabling hospitals to improve patient outcomes and the way they do business. Use HealthyIQ’s Hospitals and Health Systems: Internal Big Picture to learn—and explain to others—why and how hospitals are changing. Sign up to get a notification when it’s released!